Advanced Filled Plastics
If you have already taken the foundation course or if you are already familiar with filled plastics then this seminar is for you. You will get a quick refresher on the basics such as influence of fillers on properties and then we will delve deeper into the topic. An hour spent on this seminar will save you a huge amount of time and effort so you can do your job better.
• Refresher on the basics, i.e. what affects modulus, yield strength, HDT & impact resistance
• Learn how fillers interact with other additives such as antioxidants and impact modifiers
• An easy screening test that allows you to find the best dispersant for your filler or pigment
• Tips on how to predict mechanical properties to save time and money
• How weld lines and orientation affect properties
• Information on additives and unusual fillers
• Introduction to nanocomposites and how they stack up to traditional filled plastics
• The importance of the interphase
• Much more (thermal and electrical conductivity, permeability, transcrystallinity, etc.)
Benefits of the Seminar
• Design better materials
• Save time and money
• Predict and avoid problems
• Work to the strengths of your materials and avoid the pitfalls
Who Should Attend?
This web seminar has proven useful to people from different fields from R&D, through marketing, management and sales. People working for polymer and filler manufacturers can benefit, as can compounders, formulators and students.
Full video available below…